'The Hunt' Promotion | Terms and Conditions
Participants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions, and agreed to be bound by them, when accessing this Promotion.
Who may Enter
1. This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man (the “Territory”) aged 18 years or over.
2. Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Promotion.
How to Enter
3. The Promotion is open between 2nd and 29th September 2019 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”).
4. During the Promotion Period, thirty-eight (38) golden Dough Balls will be hidden in outdoor public locations in four (4) cities across the UK. The cities in which golden Dough Balls will be hidden are:
Golden Dough Balls will not be hidden in PizzaExpress restaurants.
5. Also during the Promotion Period, twelve (12) golden Dough Balls will be randomly distributed in PizzaExpress orders made through Deliveroo in three (3) cities across the UK. The cities in which golden Dough Balls will be placed in Deliveroo orders, and the time frames during which they will be placed are:
Liverpool (6th-8th September 2019 inclusive)
Belfast (13th-15th September 2019 inclusive)
Cardiff (20th-22nd September 2019 inclusive)
6. Participants must be the first person to find and keep a particular golden Dough Ball to be eligible to claim a prize. There is only one prize per golden Dough Ball, which will be awarded on a first come, first served basis.
7. Each golden Dough Ball contains a QR code on a slip inside. Participants who find a golden Dough Ball should scan the QR code. Participants without a smartphone can simply enter their unique code at hbdb.pizzaexpress.com.
8. The QR code will direct Participants to an online entry page where they will be asked to enter the 6-digit code inside the golden Dough Ball. The participant will then be told if they are successful or not.
9. Immediately after entering their code, all Participants to this Promotion will receive an email indicating what they have won, with details of how to claim their prize.
10. There are fifty (50) prizes available to win (one per golden Dough Ball). Each prize is a £1,000 PizzaExpress e-gift.
The e-gifts will expire:
a) 24 months after its issue date if you do not redeem any of its value or top it up during that period; or
b) 24 months after your last redemption/top up.
PizzaExpress e-gifts may be redeemed at any PizzaExpress restaurant within the UK. Sorry, you can’t currently use them for online orders. E-gifts are treated as cash, so please take care of them.
11. All prizes will be sent to the winners via the email address they supplied, within 72 hours of them entering the 6-digit code. Please ensure your email address is correct, as prizes will not be reissued if an incorrect email address was supplied.
12. There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 13-18 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the delivery of the Promotion.
13. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
a. any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b. any changes to prize or the way in which it can be used;
c. any problem with the enjoyment of the prizes;
d. any act or default of any third-party supplier.
14. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
15. Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be included.
16. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any kind of cheating, deception, fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Promotion, choice of any prize or any entry), the Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
17. The Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event it has reason to suspect that an entrant has breached these terms or has obtained a prize through fraud, dishonesty or any other inappropriate or improper conduct (such as through abuse of the competition by people which the Promoter has concluded are likely to be proved to be either the Promoter’s employees, a member of an employee’s family, friends or people connected to them.
18. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising to entrants or otherwise as a result of the Promotion; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
a. Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
b. Any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
c. Any claim or entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or
d. Any tax liability incurred by Participants.
The Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any postponement, cancellation, delay, changes to the Competition or failure to fulfil its obligations where such failure is caused by any supervening event of force majeure, meaning any event(s) outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including without limitation the act or default of any third party supplier).
19. Any prize won as part of this Promotion must be accepted as granted. No substitutions or cash equivalent payment will be allowed, and no refund or transfer will be permitted.
20. Participants agree to allow the Promoter to use their name for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration during and after this Promotion.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
23. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prizes), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
24. Promoter: PizzaExpress Limited, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1LX.