PizzaExpress Piccolo “Create Your Perfect Pizza” - Competition Terms and Conditions
Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions, and agree to be bound by them, when entering this Competition.
Who may Enter
- This Competition (Piccolo “Create Your Perfect Pizza”) is open for submission by adult residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over.
- Entries must be submitted on behalf of children 13 years old or younger.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Competition and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this Competition.
How to Enter
- To take part in this Competition, simply go to www.pizzaexpress.com/cyo and create your perfect Piccolo pizza recipe by choosing a maximum of four (4) ingredients from the twenty (20) available ingredient options, giving your pizza a name and letting us know your child’s inspiration behind the recipe. You’ll need to provide your name, phone number, email address, date of birth, postcode, and let us know your child’s name and age to enter.
- Maximum of one entry per child, multiple entries from a single email address are permitted.
- The Competition is open to entries from 00:01am on Tuesday 26th March 2019.
- The Competition’s closing date is 23:59pm on Monday 17 June 2019. No entries will be accepted after this time.
- In the first instance, the winner will be notified via the email address provided. Subsequently, the Promoter will ask the winner to contact them at an address that will be provided to them by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any publicity materials subsequent to the Competition. Furthermore, by entering the Competition, all entrants agree that the Promoter has exclusive and unreserved rights to use their entries in any promotional activity during the running of the Competition.
- There is one (1) grand prize available to win. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions, refunds, transfers, or cash equivalent payment will be allowed.
- The prize consists of the winner’s perfect pizza being featured on a future PizzaExpress Piccolo menu.
- The winner will be notified by email by Sunday 14th July 2019 and must respond to the Promoter within fourteen (14) days of being contacted, accepting the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the prizes are non-refundable and non- transferable.
- If a winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted by the Promoter within fourteen (14) days of the first attempt to notify them, the Promoter then reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- The Competition winner will be selected by a panel of judges (including representatives of the promoter and independent judges) based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality,
- taste and flavour,
- inspiration and story behind the recipe,
- complexity; and
- nutritional value.
- The judging panel’s decision regarding the winning entry is final and binding in all respects on all competition entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Details of the prize winner and judges’ names will be available for two months after the closing date by sending an email to [email protected] using “Create Your Own Perfect Pizza” in the subject of the email.
- There are certain things for which the Promoter does not accept any liability to you, and these are explained in the next two paragraphs. The law does not allow the Promoter to exclude or limit its liability for some things, such as death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts full liability for these matters. Otherwise, the exclusions of liability described in paragraphs 13 and 14 will apply. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraphs include all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third party involved in the delivery of the Competition.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following occurrences, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Competition;
- any changes to prize or the way in which it can be used;
- any problem with the enjoyment of the prize;
- any act or default of any third-party supplier.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, and hardware or software failure of any kind, which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry.
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be included.
- The Promoters’ and judges’ decision will be final and binding in all respects on all entries. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
- If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant of cheating, deception, fraudulent or unsportsman-like conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Competition, choice of any prize winner or any entry), the Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and in so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising to entrants or otherwise as a result of the Competition; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any claim or entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or
- any tax liability incurred by the entrant.
The Promoter (including its associated companies, officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any postponement, cancellation, delay, changes to the Competition or failure to fulfil its obligations where such failure is caused by any supervening event of force majeure, meaning any event(s) outside the reasonable control of the Promoter (including without limitation the act or default of any third-party supplier).
- Entrants may choose to receive marketing updates from PizzaExpress owned companies at the time of submitting an entry, however this is entirely optional and does not increase chances of being selected as a winner.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name and submitted entries for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration during and after this Competition.
English Law applies
- This Competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the prize), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition (including the prize).
- The ‘Promoter’ is: PizzaExpress, Hunton House, Highbridge Estate, Oxford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LX and;