Vegans went wild for the Vegan Giardiniera in 2017 and couldn’t get enough of the Sloppy Vegan this summer… so we’re predicting a frenzy now we’ve opened the first “VEGAN PIZZAEXPRESS”.
Yes, you read that right. We’re turning up the heat (without the meat) for a vegan takeover in the capital. Complete with a fresh new look, Vegan PizzaExpress in Aldwych on The Strand is open now, exclusively serving plant-based goodness so pizza lovers can tuck into even more vegan flavours this Autumn.
The opening is in celebration of our brand-new menu, launching Tuesday 21 September, which sees the biggest ever number of new vegan additions, including exclusive new vegan versions of the most famous PizzaExpress favourites.
We’ve been working with Jack and Bry for just over a year, tirelessly perfecting and developing an exclusive vegan Pepperoni. Now FIVE classic pizza recipes are being introduced in vegan form. Which one will you try first!?
- American Jack – Smoky jackfruit ‘pepperoni’ and tomato with our signature vegan mozzarella alternative.
- Vegan American Hot – Turn up the heat with smoky jackfruit ‘pepperoni’, tomato and vegan mozzarella alternative, with your choice of hot green, hot & sweet chilli or jalapeno peppers.
- Vegan Diavolo – Smoky jackfruit ‘pepperoni’, Quorn pieces, Tabasco, smoky chilli, garlic oil, fennel seeds, tomato, green peppers and onions with vegan mozzarella alternative and your choice of hot green, hot & sweet chilli or jalapeno peppers give this pizza some serious attitude.
- Vegan Ad Astra – Quorn with sweet red peppers, Cajun spice, red onion, tomato, garlic oil and vegan mozzarella alternative.
- Vegan Forza – Big on flavour and full of colour, smoky chilli Quorn with mixed peppers, tomato, hot & sweet chilli peppers, garlic oil, vegan mozzarella alternative, chilli oil and parsley, this delivers.
Whether your fully vegan, flexi or just fancy trying it, we’re are making things a whole lot tastier!
Jane Treasure, Food & Beverage Director at PizzaExpress, said:
“The launch of our Sloppy Vegan – the vegan version of our popular Sloppy Giuseppe – this summer was just a taste of what was to come. Sloppy Vegan was a huge hit with customers, and it goes without saying that we’re incredibly excited to launch even more vegan versions of classic PizzaExpress recipes across the UK this Autumn.
“Every single one of our new vegan pizzas stays true to the unique flavours of the original versions. It took just over a year to develop an exclusive new Vegan Pepperoni ingredient with our partners Jack & Bry, working tirelessly with our tasting panels to perfect them – so our customers can enjoy the same mouth-watering flavour profiles as the originals, without any animal products.”
Shadi Halliwell, Chief Customer Officer at PizzaExpress, added:
“Our new vegan menu is so wide ranging and delicious that it deserves a pizzeria of its own – so that’s exactly what we did. “Vegan PizzaExpress” is our first restaurant that will serve our vegan menu exclusively and is a true showcase of these authentic flavours that we’ve been perfecting since 1965. We’re thrilled to finally open the doors and can’t wait to welcome everyone from across London and beyond as they come to enjoy our wonderful new vegan menu."