£1m RAISED FOR MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT
In March 2016, we proudly announced our partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support, and February 2018 marks a very special milestone in our partnership – with your support we have raised £1 million to help people with cancer live life no matter what. These are just some of the ways in which you and our teams have helped:
Thank you for choosing our Padana Pizza
A discretionary 25p has been donated to Macmillan from every Padana pizza you have enjoyed.
Our restaurant teams have gone above and beyond…
Our restaurant teams have travelled far and wide to raise dough for Macmillan. These adventurous supporters have trekked Hadrian’s Wall, run the Virgin London Marathon and even crossed Costa Rica on foot.
London Marathon Pizza Party
In April 2017, ahead of the Virgin Money London Marathon, we held a ‘Pizza Party’ for Macmillan runners at our London Wall restaurant. Over 100 pizzas were eaten on that day, helping runners to stock up on carbs before the epic race.
Snowball Dough Ball Day
On 22nd November 2017, we celebrated the annual reappearance of our Snowball Dough Balls on the menu with a dedicated day - Snowball Dough Ball Day - in support of Macmillan. Each portion of our delicious fluffy festive Dough Balls cost just £1 with all proceeds being donated to Macmillan. We would like to thank all our Snowball Dough Ball fans for making the day a huge success and for helping to ‘raise dough’.
A BIG Thank you from us and what's next…
With your support, together we will continue to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support who provide vital practical, emotional and genuinely personal help for people living with cancer.
Your donations help provide vital support and services for people living with cancer and their families.
- £8,948 could pay for one of the Macmillan Mobile Cancer Information and Support Services for 1 week. In this time, the centre, on average, will enable Macmillan to reach or support 557 people.
- £1,023 could pay for a Macmillan nurse for a week, helping people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support.
- £546 could pay for a Macmillan Support Worker for a week, helping people living with cancer receive the support they need.
- £28 could pay for a Macmillan nurse for 1 hour, like Shez, helping people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support.
- From all of us at PizzaExpress we would like to say a BIG Thank you for making our partnership a huge success.
And we’re not stopping here!
We want to continue raising vital funds for Macmillan Cancer Support in 2018 with your help.