• For the latest information on government guidance, please select a restaurant before booking to confirm which tier or restrictions they have to dine, currently closed or available for takeaway.
• All orders must be placed one hour before restaurant stated closure times, this includes drinks and desserts.
• The NHS Track and trace QR code is visible for customers to use. One person from each household must sign up for Track and trace when dining in. You can also sign up when using our digital menu or ask our team to take your details.
• For information on the maximum number of people you can book for and guidance on local restrictions as well as those set by the devolved Governments, please see the information on your local pizzeria’s booking page
• All team members and customers must wear face coverings. Customers may remove only at their table when about to eat or drink. This must be worn when moving around the restaurant including visits to the toilet.
• One person from each household must sign up for Track and trace when dining in.
Q: Why are some of your teams now wearing a face mask?
A: In settings where face coverings are required, there are some circumstances where people may not be able to wear a face covering. Our teams who are exempt will be wearing a badge on their apron. We are mindful and respectful of such circumstances for our customers as well. Please let our team know if you are exempt if asked.
Q: What safety precautions are in place to protect customers and teams?
A: We’ve introduced a range of measures to keep our customers and teams safe and socially distant while still offering delicious food and great service. This includes:
• New physically distanced layouts in our restaurants
• New routines to minimise physical contact and maintain distance when setting, serving and clearing tables.
• A new digital menu and cashless payment to encourage social distancing and assist customers
• Customer hand sanitiser stations in all our restaurants
• A culture of handwashing which our teams complete every 20 minutes on top of normal handwashing that is needed to maintain food safety standards.
• Enhanced health and wellbeing conversations and checks with our teams
Q: Why can’t I order over the phone or pay upon arrival when you offer Click & Collect?
Q: Why do you not have your full menu available for Delivery and Click & Collect?
A: We are currently running a reduced menu to alleviate pressure on the kitchen and allow our teams to physically distance.
Q: Can I use gift cards or e-gifts to pay online?
A: Customers are not be able to use gift cards or e-gifts for payment for Click & Collect online orders, however, you can use for telephone orders for takeaway collection, as they can only be used to pay in restaurant.
Q: My e-gift or gift card is due to expire?
A: All e-gifts or gift cards due to expire between 5th November 2020 – 31st January 2021 have now been extended to 31st March 2021. You can also still use for telephone orders for takeaway collection
Q: I have a 'Walkers 2 for 1' offer. Can I use this online to order collection?
A: Yes, one code per transaction.
Q: Why can’t I use my Tesco vouchers for payment?
A: Due to the type of voucher, we are unable to accept these to redeem online orders. Tesco has extended the validity date on vouchers to 12 months from the expiry date and you will be able to use these once we are open to dine-in.
Q: Why is your team not wearing PPE including gloves while preparing our food?
A: We are adhering to specific government advice which confirms face coverings are only suggested where social distancing isn't feasible. However, we are adhering to strict social distancing measures. Rather than wearing gloves which can lead to poor hygiene controls, our teams will follow a more robust process of handwashing on a regular basis (every 20 minutes). As per Government Guidance, we do support any team members that choose to wear face coverings and full training on the safe use of them is provided.
Q: How can you be sure COVID-19 doesn’t spread to food or packaging?
A: The latest scientific guidance from the government says there is no to little evidence COVID-19 can be spread via food or packaging.
Q: Do you check your teams’ temperatures before starting work, to ensure they are not asymptomatic or spreading the virus to your customers?
A: While government guidance is that temperature checking is not mandatory, we will be conducting daily and weekly health checks with our team members.
Q: How can I be assured your pizzerias are adhering to the latest health and safety guidance?
A: Every pizzeria has been inspected by our quality and safety team and once they are satisfied that government guidance has been adhered to, including social distancing measures in addition to our own robust health and safety procedures, they’ll be provided a with a signed and dated certificate.to ensure the government guidance for social distancing processes is in place as well as our robust health and safety procedures.
Q: What happens if a member of staff tests positive for COVID-19?
A: If we receive information that a member of our team or one of our customers has recently tested positive for COVID-19, we will investigate all the details and inform the local council and PHE / NIHP for guidance.
If the colleague has been at work in the previous 3 days, we will close that restaurant for a deep clean. Other team members may also need to isolate, depending on the specific circumstances. We will obviously support our colleagues through this. Thanks to the extensive safety measures we’ve put in place in our restaurants to maintain distancing between our teams and customers, PHE advise us there is a very low risk to customers. We will liaise with the local council and PHE / NIHP to share all the details and act on their advice.
Q: Does PizzaExpress collect customer data for Track & Trace?
We take data protection very seriously and will only share this data with validated officials for the purposes of Track & Trace, if they formally request it.
Q: When would PizzaExpress activate Track & Trace at a restaurant?
A: The local council, in tandem with PHE / NIHP, manage Track & Trace processes and decide what public health advice to give. PizzaExpress does not implement or run the Track & Trace process. Safety is our main priority, so we collect customer details routinely as one of our COVID-19 prevention measures and will provide it for Track & Trace if requested.
If you have any other questions not covered by the above, please contact our customer service team via our webform or ring our team on 02087989090 between Monday-Friday 9-5pm.