• For the latest information on government guidance, please select a restaurant before booking to confirm which tier or restrictions they have to dine, currently closed or available for takeaway.
• The NHS Test & Trace QR code we be available for you to scan on entry, following Government Guidance, all persons over the age of 16 must provide their contact details for Test & Trace. If you do not have the NHS Test & Trace App, you can provide your contact details to the team. Unfortunately, if Test & Trace details are not provided we will be unable to serve you at this time.
• For information on the maximum number of people you can book for and guidance on local restrictions as well as those set by the devolved Governments, please see the information on your local pizzeria’s booking page
• All team members and customers must wear face coverings. Customers may remove only at their table when about to eat or drink. This must be worn when moving around the restaurant including visits to the toilet.
Q: Am I required to wear a face covering for collection?
A: Yes, please wear a face covering when moving around our pizzerias unless you are exempt.
Q: Do I have to wear a face covering in the pizzeria when I come for my visit?
A: Yes, customers must wear a face covering (unless exempt). You may only remove your face covering whilst at your table when about to eat or drink. Your face covering must be worn when moving around the pizzeria including visits to the toilet.
Q: Do I have to wait outside for collection?
A: Let us know you are here and then return to the waiting area outside. We’ll let you know when your order is ready to collect.
Q: How can I collect my pizza?
A: To allow for physical distancing, we will place your order on the collection table for you to collect.
Q: What do I do when I get to the pizzeria? Can I just grab a table?
A: Please wait at the entrance to be greeted and we will show you to your table. If the entrance is occupied, please wait outside to allow for physical distancing, until the entrance is clear.
Q: Is there a one way system in place?
A: Please follow our physical distancing measures which will be highlighted with floor markers where applicable.
Q: Is there a hand sanitising station?
A: Yes, a hand sanitiser station will be available for you at the entrance to the pizzeria.
Q: Why are some of your teams not wearing a face covering?
A: All of our team members are required to wear face coverings. Our team members who are exempt will be wearing a badge/ lanyard on their apron and a face shield. We are mindful and respectful of such circumstances for our customers as well, so please kindly let our team know if you are exempt if asked.
Q: What safety precautions are in place to protect customers and teams?
A: We’ve introduced a range of measures to keep our customers and teams safe and socially distant while still offering delicious food and great service. This includes:
• New physically distanced layouts in our pizzerias
• New routines to minimise physical contact and maintain distance when setting, serving and clearing tables.
• A new digital menu and cashless payment to encourage social distancing and assist customers
• Customer hand sanitiser stations in all our restaurants
• A culture of handwashing which our teams complete every 20 minutes on top of normal handwashing that is needed to maintain food safety standards.
• Enhanced health and wellbeing conversations and checks with our teams
Q: Why do you not have your full menu available for Delivery and Click & Collect?
A: We are currently running a reduced menu to alleviate pressure on the kitchen and allow our teams to physically distance.
Q: Can I use gift cards or e-gifts to pay online?
A: Customers are not be able to use gift cards or e-gifts for payment for Click & Collect online orders, however, you can use for telephone orders for takeaway collection, as they can only be used to pay in pizzeria.
Q: My e-gift or gift card is due to expire?
A: All gift cards due to expire between 5th November 2020 – 31st March 2021 have been extended to 30th June 2021. You can also still use for telephone orders for takeaway collection.
Q: Why can’t I use my Tesco vouchers for payment online?
A: Due to the type of voucher, we are unable to accept these to redeem online orders. Tesco has extended the validity date on vouchers to 12 months from the expiry date and you will be able to use these once we are open to dine-in.
Q: Why is your team not wearing PPE including gloves while preparing our food?
A: We are adhering to specific government advice with team members wearing face coverings (unless they are exempt where we ask them to wear a face shield) and are adhering to strict social distancing measures. Rather than wearing gloves which can lead to poor hygiene controls, our teams will follow a more robust process of handwashing on a regular basis (every 20 minutes).
Q: How can you be sure COVID-19 doesn’t spread to food or packaging?
A: The latest scientific guidance from the government says there is little to no evidence COVID-19 can be spread via food or packaging.
Q: Do you check your teams’ temperatures before starting work, to ensure they are not asymptomatic or spreading the virus to your customers?
A: While government guidance is that temperature checking is not mandatory, we will be conducting daily and weekly health checks with our team members.
Q: How can I be assured your pizzerias are adhering to the latest health and safety guidance?
A: Every pizzeria has been inspected by our Quality and Safety team and once they are satisfied that government guidance has been adhered to, including social distancing measures in addition to our own robust health and safety procedures, they’ll be provided a with a signed and dated certificate to ensure the government guidance for social distancing processes is in place as well as our robust health and safety procedures.
Q: What happens if a member of staff tests positive for COVID-19?
Q: Does PizzaExpress collect customer data for Track & Trace?
We take data protection very seriously and will only share this data with validated officials for the purposes of Track & Trace, if they formally request it.
Q: When would PizzaExpress activate Track & Trace at a restaurant?
A: The local council, in tandem with PHE / NIHP, manage Track & Trace processes and decide what public health advice to give. PizzaExpress does not implement or run the Track & Trace process. Safety is our main priority, so we collect customer details routinely as one of our COVID-19 prevention measures and will provide it for Track & Trace if requested.
If you have any other questions not covered by the above, please contact our customer service team via our webform or ring our team on 02087989090 between Monday-Friday 9-5pm.