Our Waiting Team are the warm and welcoming face of our restaurant family
You will make every guest’s visit a delight by creating memorable experiences. You’ll thrive on having fun when things get busy – after all, in one shift you could be serving large parties, romantic couples and entertaining our young guests, making drinks, desserts and clearing tables. Your excellent communication skills will ensure you keep the customers happy and the kitchen teams in the loop.
- 50% PizzaExpress Discount – dine out with your family and friends and receive up to 50% off food and drink in restaurants
- Employee discount portal providing discounts off high street shops and travel
- Qualifications and development paths to help you grow – including fully funded Apprenticeships through our partner Lifetime Training.
- Meals on shift
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme available for all team to join
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave – we offer an enhanced scheme to eligible employees
- Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and Career break options – eligible employees can take a sabbatical break from work
- Life insurance benefit – after 1 year’s service, employees are entitled to a death-in-service payment of 4 times their average basic earnings
Training and development
All Team Members receive initial induction training within their restaurant. This covers important areas such as health and safety, brand standards, our menu, customer service, and how we carry out different tasks. This training is delivered through a mixture of e-learning courses, quizzes, job shadowing, on the job training, 1-to-1 sessions and training booklets.
You can search for roles on the Careers section of our website and apply online. The process will take you a maximum of 5 minutes. If your application is successful, we will invite you in to one of our restaurants for an interview. Finally, we will let you know the outcome, whether you’re successful or not.
Right to work in the UK
Please bring the following documents with you on your assessment day, as well as a colour photocopy of each that we will keep for our files:
- Proof of your National Insurance number
(i.e. National Insurance Card, P60, a P45 dated within the last 3 months, or a letter issued by HMRC or your previous employer)
- A valid passport, plus colour copies of both front cover and main page OR
- A full birth certificate (if born in the UK or Northern Ireland) OR
- An identity card (European countries only), with copies of both front and back
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
(e.g. a visa, or worker registration scheme letter for European A8 Countries’ nationals only, or Blue/Yellow registration card for Croatian nationals only)
All supporting documents need to be valid and in date. If your name on your passport or other document is different to your current name, please bring proof of your name change (e.g. marriage certificate or name change by deed poll document).
Unfortunately, we will not be able to make any offer of employment and you will not be eligible to work for PizzaExpress until you have provided the appropriate ID and eligibility information. Also, if you don’t bring these documents with you to your assessment, we will have to rearrange it to a later date.