All our restaurants have an Assistant Manager, making this a natural first step toward running one of our restaurants.
You’ll already have some management or supervisory experience under your belt. So, you’ll know what it’s like when the pressure is on. And you’ll be ready and willing to stand in for the Restaurant Manager, whenever needed – what better way to be preparing for the move up?
Our Assistant Managers actively help run all aspects of the restaurant, including team and stock management. This includes the commercial side – analysing sales and financial figures, looking for ways to improve performance and setting new targets.
You’ll need great leadership skills and will have already supported team members to reach their potential. If this sounds like you – and you’re genuinely passionate about PizzaExpress – we’d like to hear from you.
- 50% PizzaExpress Discount – dine out with your family and friends and receive up to 50% off food and drink in restaurants
- Employee discount portal providing discounts off high street shops and travel
- Qualifications and development paths to help you grow – including fully funded Apprenticeships through our partner Lifetime Training.
- Meals on shift
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme available for all team to join
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave – we offer an enhanced scheme to eligible employees Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and Career break options – eligible employees can take a sabbatical break from work
- Life insurance benefit – after 1 year’s service, employees are entitled to a death-in-service payment of 4 times their average basic earnings
Training and development
- All our new managers have a bespoke and detailed induction and training period, which is spread over 8 weeks and covers all aspects of how to run our business.
- You will cover a range of key technical skills during your induction and ongoing training is provided to ensure all management are kept up-to-date with new initiatives and menu launches.
- We offer continual development and progression opportunities, supported by leadership development programmes as various levels.
You can search for roles on the Careers section of our website and apply online. The process will take you a maximum of 5 minutes. If your application is successful, we will invite you to take part in a phone interview. If successful at that stage, we will invite you to a face-to-face assessment. This will consist of a more in-depth interview and real-world assessment in our restaurants. Finally, we will let you know the outcome, whether you’re successful or not.
Right to work in the UK
Please bring the following documents with you on your assessment day, as well as a colour photocopy of each that we will keep for our files:
- Proof of your National Insurance number
(i.e. National Insurance Card, P60, a P45 dated within the last 3 months, or a letter issued by HMRC or your previous employer)
- A valid passport, plus colour copies of both front cover and main page OR
- A full birth certificate (if born in the UK or Northern Ireland) OR
- An identity card (European countries only), with copies of both front and back
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
(e.g. a visa, or worker registration scheme letter for European A8 Countries’ nationals only, or Blue/Yellow registration card for Croatian nationals only)
All supporting documents need to be valid and in date. If your name on your passport or other document is different to your current name, please bring proof of your name change (e.g. marriage certificate or name change by deed poll document).