Our Operations Managers lead a group of restaurants to drive performance in all key areas, including people, financial performance, commercial development and food.
Are you a successful operator, who’s highly driven and an engaging leader? Able to challenge the norm and drive operational efficiencies and results through your people? Do you have a passion for the highest standards and find a way to win in everything you do, tackling challenges head on? Can you listen as well as you speak, juggle the detail with a strategic view and balance strong commercials with operational excellence?
Well, we may have the opportunity for you…
You’ll possess a people-first approach to delivering financial and customer metrics alike. You will already be operating at a senior level, ideally within the hospitality or retail sectors, with a proven track record of success – both your own and your teams. You’ll take control of c.10-15 restaurants, and be responsible for the success and development of a team of c.10-15 direct reports.
You’ll have managed teams operationally in a multi-site capacity already – ideally in casual dining, hospitality, retail, or a fast-paced environment. Ideally you will live in your chosen area, and have a good knowledge of the local market.
- 50% PizzaExpress Discount – dine out with your family and friends and receive up to 50% off food and drink in restaurants
- Employee discount portal providing discounts off high street shops and travel
- Qualifications and development paths to help you grow – including fully funded Apprenticeships through our partner Lifetime Training.
- Meals on shift
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme available for all team to join
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave – we offer an enhanced scheme to eligible employees Company sick pay scheme
- Flexible working and Career break options – eligible employees can take a sabbatical break from work
- Life insurance benefit – after 1 year’s service, employees are entitled to a death-in-service payment of 4 times their average basic earnings
Training and development
- All our new Operations Managers have a bespoke and detailed induction and training period, which is spread over c.6 weeks and covers all aspects of our business, in both front and back of house, from the ground up.
- You’ll spend time shadowing our Operations team to understand what their typical days, and weeks, look like. You’ll meet key Restaurant Support teams, to build your network of contacts and departmental experts.
- Ongoing training and leadership development is provided to ensure all Operations Managers are kept up-to-date with new initiatives and menu launches.
You can search for roles on the Careers section of our website and apply online. If your application is successful, we will invite you to take part in a phone interview with a member of our Recruitment Team. If successful at that stage, we will invite you to a face-to-face assessment – this will consist of a detailed interview and commercial activities. We may also ask you to carry out some analysis based on your local restaurants. Finally, we will let you know the outcome, whether you’re successful or not.
Right to work in the UK
Please bring the following documents with you on your assessment day, as well as a colour photocopy of each that we will keep for our files:
- Proof of your National Insurance number
(i.e. National Insurance Card, P60, a P45 dated within the last 3 months, or a letter issued by HMRC or your previous employer)
- A valid passport, plus colour copies of both front cover and main page OR
- A full birth certificate (if born in the UK or Northern Ireland) OR
- An identity card (European countries only), with copies of both front and back
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
(e.g. a visa, or worker registration scheme letter for European A8 Countries’ nationals only, or Blue/Yellow registration card for Croatian nationals only)
All supporting documents need to be valid and in date. If your name on your passport or other document is different to your current name, please bring proof of your name change (e.g. marriage certificate or name change by deed poll document).
Unfortunately, we will not be able to make any offer of employment and you will not be eligible to work for PizzaExpress until you have provided the appropriate ID and eligibility information. Also, if you don’t bring these documents with you to your assessment, we will have to rearrange it to a later date.