1. Registration Details
- If you install the Application, you will be asked to register with us in order to create a Flypay profile and receive the related Services.
- Registration information will include:
- The telephone number of the mobile device on which you have installed the Application. This will be used to deliver the Services and confirm payments;
- your email address, which will be used to send you receipts for restaurant bill payments; and
- your date of birth which will be used to check you are over 18 years of age and as an additional identity check should you need to get in contact with us.
- As an alternative to providing your email address and date of birth, you can register using your Facebook login, from which we will obtain the same information – see also paragraph 2.4 below.
- You will also be asked to set a four digit PIN to give access to your secure payment cards and other account details.
2. Your payment card details
- In order to pay a restaurant bill using the application, you will need to add debit or credit card details. Payment processing services are provided by a third party, VeriFone. The Application will transfer payment details directly from VeriFone to the restaurant’s point of sale system. By inputting payment card details, you are consenting to the use of such details by VeriFone, the restaurant and us for the purpose of paying your bill and processing your payment.
- Your card details will be stored securely by VeriFone for ease of use in future transactions using the Application. However, your CSC/CVV number is not stored and must be entered each time you use a card for authentication. Flypay does not store your card details on its systems, although holds a token which retains some of the digits. This enables you to identify the appropriate card in future transactions and on your payment receipt. You may remove payment cards from the Application at any time. Payment transactions are between you and the relevant restaurant. Flypay does not receive your payment and is not responsible for subsequent use of your card or payment details by or on behalf of the restaurant.
3. Your restaurant visits
- In order to pay a restaurant bill using the Application, you will need to scan the restaurant provided QR code, or tap it with an NFC equipped phone, or type in the five digit code for your table, which links your Application to the bill within the Point of Sale system. The details of your bill will be used to deliver the Services and generate your payment receipt.
- We may also collect data relating to your restaurant visits (including the food you ate, the restaurant you visited and when, bill amounts and your payments) for the future provision of a service to access past receipts, and for analysis and statistical purposes (see below). This data is collected through the Application and from the restaurant's point of sale system.
4. Facebook information
- If you provide us with your Facebook login, we collect additional information from your Facebook profile on your gender [and name] for analysis and statistical purposes (see below). If you prefer not to do this, you can register with your email address and date of birth.
5. Contacting us or visiting our website
- If you contact us (via email, telephone, post or otherwise), we may collect and retain your contact details and your communication for the purpose of handling your query and keeping records of communications. We do not generally collect personal data on our website.
6. Analysis and Statistics
- We may use the data we collect about you for analysis and statistical purposes, for example to analyse how many users are visiting particular restaurants at particular times, food preferences, and the characteristics of such users, for example their age or gender. If you have provided your Facebook login, we may combine data collected from the Application and the restaurant with information from your Facebook profile for these purposes.
- Statistics and results of analysis (anonymised and without reference to your personal data) may be shared with our partner restaurants and their suppliers for the purpose of improving the customer experience within restaurants.
- We do not use such data for individual profiling or direct marketing purposes.
7. Other use of your personal data
- We may also use your personal data for the purposes of:
- administration and maintenance of the Services;
- compliance with legal obligations, or protection and enforcement our legal rights and those of our partners or other users; and/or
- Managing actual or potential business transactions (e.g. in the case of an acquisition of our business).
8. Disclosure of your data to other parties
- We may share statistics and results of analysis with restaurants as described above. We may also disclose your personal data for the purposes outlined at paragraph 4 above to third parties, including:
- our service providers and professional advisers;
- governmental bodies and law enforcement authorities;
- any purchaser or (on terms of confidentiality) likely purchaser of our business; and
- other third parties where required or permitted by law.
9. Storage and security of your personal data
- Your personal data is stored in electronic and physical records maintained by us and/or our service providers. Whilst we are based in the UK, our service providers may have servers located overseas, where the laws may not give the same level of protection to personal data as within the UK.
10. Removal of your details
- You may request removal of your live profile at any time by sending an email to us at [email protected].
- We may however retain certain aspects of your profile and other personal details for the purposes of maintaining records of our dealings with you, analysis and statistics.
11. Access to your details
- If you would like to access a copy of any personal data which we hold about you, please send a request by email or by post using the contact details in paragraph 9 below. An administration fee of £10 may be charged.
- You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to us processing your personal data or to request that your personal data is corrected or deleted. Please contact us to discuss this as required.
- If you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data by Flypay Limited, please contact us:
Flypay Limited, 4th Floor, 7-10 Chandos Street, London, W1G 9DQ
Email: [email protected]